London Cruise Terminal History
The Empire Windrush
Demise of the British Liner Fleet
|In the 1970's, with the demise of the British Liner Fleet, the Terminal was no longer in use and the railway station closed. The emergence of cruising created new opportunities and the terminal re-opened in1995 and continues to offer a full service to the new European cruise market, a base for exciting voyages to the Baltic and tourists to London and the East of England|
Tilbury Riverside Railway Station
Opened on 13 April 1854 as part of the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway, providing an interchange with Tilbury Docks to take advantage of the increasing steamboat traffic in this area of the river Thames.
KDC London have been appointed lead consultants to work towards securing funding to convert the former station into a heritage centre.
For further details see: kdclondon.com